Maintaining a solid brand
While having your own personal designer, or being a graphic designer, may be the best way to maintain a brand, sometimes we have to start things on a shoestring budget. On today’s episode, we share with you design tips to keep your brand standing out, without looking like a sore thumb.
Tips of branding
Given the power of visual content many marketers have turned to DIY graphic design software or contracted with graphic artists. These three design tips will keep your blog, social media, and other visuals on the right track.
- White space 101: Remove to improve
- Non-designers often itch to fill every inch of space with text, images, or other design elements, leaving no place for the eye to rest.
- Typography 101: Balance readability with style
- Balance readability w/ style to up your typography game. Typically, the more stylized a font is, the harder it is to read. That doesn’t mean, however, that type must be boring. An easy way to create balance between readability and style is to use stylized fonts for large header text and keep body text more readable with minimal, traditional fonts, but don’t go overboard with fonts, either! Stick with a maximum of 2 or 3 fonts per graphic. Any more, and you’ll have trouble creating a cohesive design.
- Color 101: Use contrast to focus attention
- Color is tough to get right. Even some full-time designers struggle to use color effectively in their designs. Use simple, high contrast color schemes to focus attention on elements of the design.
Tools to brand yourself easily
Here are some great tools to keep your brand consistent and pretty:
With these tips and tools, as a non-designer, you have the capability to keeping your feed in sync with the rest of your professional brand, all year long!
Did you know we go live every single Wednesday? This Wednesday, we will be going live at 11:30am EST, to go into detail of branding for non-designers. If your looking for a small, intimate community, where your voice will be heard, join us! Our community is full of newpreneurs just like you, asking all the right questions about how to start a legit biz and we want you in there!!! Join the community here!
Are you ready to Launch Your Biz? We’ve compiled our most essential, short list of tools that we use to keep our business running, instead of letting our business run us! From automation, to client management, to branding, this is the ultimate list to keep your business thriving! Grab yours here!
Until next time, Wilds. Go chase those dreams! You’ve got this.
Alicia + Emily